Initial interest in planting a Presbyterian Church in Eastham was explored by our neighbors in Little Sutton.
St. David’s began in 1942 as an outreach activity in an expanding area of Wirral during the war years. A wooden meeting hut was bought and the congregation grew.
In February 1953 the Presbytery of Liverpool had received a legacy for the building of a new church and decided that the money would be used to build a “Memorial” church at Eastham on the site already purchased where the wooden hut was in use. The Memorial Church would seat approximately 250 with a hall to seat the same number.
Starting in 1956, a concrete framed Church using brick and glass panels was built to hold about 220 people along with a similarly sized hall.
A Manse (now sold) and small extensions to provide additional rooms and storage were completed over the next 7 years.